In Which My Boss Posts About Me

Posted by SOTTO Sunday, August 5, 2012


The very cool guy I'm writing a videogame story for posts about "Stories, Women and Games":

We realized early in our focus test sessions on Contrast that although the game had a strong appeal with men because of the nature of the game mechanics, our context and story also appealed to (gasp!) women as well. Yet, while visiting with an unnamed publisher, we were told by a high-profile woman executive that we should keep that fact carefully under wraps.

Really? So if I make a game that women may actually enjoy in the console space, it becomes a sissy game? Wow. I’m sorry – it’s time we revised our script. I forgot to add gun-toting latex nuns. Yeah. Those should fit right into a 1920′s film noir inspired setting.
I'm pretty thrilled by the story we're coming up with. Our characters are flawed and rich and surprising, and we put the player in an ethical dilemma with no perfect solution.

0 comments

Post a Comment

bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark
bookmark

Blogger news